Radionomy Board
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:53 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:41 am
Posts: 50
Location: Mexico
Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/es/radio/indemexico/index

http://indemexico.playtheradio.com/
O.S: Windows Seven 64 Bits
Hi everyone!

I hope you can help me on this...

The sound recording performance complement says this:
In any three hour period, no more than three songs can be played by the same artist or from the same album, and no more than two can be played consecutively. This rule can be modified slightly in some cases, under the Featured Artist Restriction, to allow no more than four songs from the same artist or album, with no more than three played consecutively.

(Read more: http://www.ehow.com/list_6011306_internet-broadcasting-rules.html#ixzz2tjzq6UGW)

Now, my questions are this:

1.- If I want to make a 1 hour program about a specific artist, and I have three albums of about 12 songs each (about 16 titles, because some are repeated), and I have 5 podcast of about 1 minute each one (made by myself, explaining things about the artist, who by the way is also the author of the songs), How many songs can I play?

For example:
- Jingle (station ID)
- Podcast 1
- song 1 album 1
- song 1 album 2
- Podcast 2
- song 1 album 3
- song 2 album 1
- song 2 album 2
- Podcast 3
- song 2 album 3
- song 3 album 1
- Podcast 4
- song 3 album 2
- song 3 album 3
- Podcast 5
- song 4 album 1
- Jingle (Station ID)

I'ts valid or it isn't ? or what can I do?

2.- What about live concerts about an artist? (live broadcasting),applies the same rules?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help and suggestions

Best regards

GOES11

_________________
____________


Image Inde Mexico
http://indemexico.playtheradio.com/


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:09 pm
Posts: 4
Radio 1: :http://vapingcloudradio.playtheradio.com
Radio 2: http://vcr.playtheradio.com
O.S: Windows Seven 64 Bits
I would also like to know the answer to this as I would like to do featured artist shows so unless I play cover versions it would be very difficult to plan.

_________________
Vaping Cloud Radio
http://vapingcloudradio.playtheradio.com
also here
http://www.vapingcloudradio.co.uk/
VCR
http://vcr.playtheradio.com
also here
http://www.vapingcloudradio.co.uk/


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:18 pm 
Offline
Moderators
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:10 pm
Posts: 1674
Location: Alabama, USA
O.S: Windows 10
GOES11 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I hope you can help me on this...

The sound recording performance complement says this:
In any three hour period, no more than three songs can be played by the same artist or from the same album, and no more than two can be played consecutively. This rule can be modified slightly in some cases, under the Featured Artist Restriction, to allow no more than four songs from the same artist or album, with no more than three played consecutively.

(Read more: http://www.ehow.com/list_6011306_internet-broadcasting-rules.html#ixzz2tjzq6UGW)

Now, my questions are this:

1.- If I want to make a 1 hour program about a specific artist, and I have three albums of about 12 songs each (about 16 titles, because some are repeated), and I have 5 podcast of about 1 minute each one (made by myself, explaining things about the artist, who by the way is also the author of the songs), How many songs can I play?

For example:
- Jingle (station ID)
- Podcast 1
- song 1 album 1
- song 1 album 2
- Podcast 2
- song 1 album 3
- song 2 album 1
- song 2 album 2
- Podcast 3
- song 2 album 3
- song 3 album 1
- Podcast 4
- song 3 album 2
- song 3 album 3
- Podcast 5
- song 4 album 1
- Jingle (Station ID)

I'ts valid or it isn't ? or what can I do?

2.- What about live concerts about an artist? (live broadcasting),applies the same rules?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help and suggestions

Best regards

GOES11



djlazy wrote:
I would also like to know the answer to this as I would like to do featured artist shows so unless I play cover versions it would be very difficult to plan.



Hello,

Thanks for the post. Under the U.S copyright laws the above would apply info: http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#114

But, this might vary depending on your country of origin. It is, however, the responsibility of each producer to know the copyrights laws of their respective countries and to avoid 3rd party disputes. See: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=575 Radionomy uses the International "IFPI"
"Moreover, they must comply with the general music title broadcasting rules determined by the IFPI" (http://www.ifpi.org/)

This simply means that each song must show the metadata when transmitted on the Radionomy platform. Your concerns, as producers, would be to abide by the Producer's Pact which all producers agree to in order to create radios and use the Radionomy platform.

This is the legal, binding, agreement between the two parties. As, in this case, Radionomy is the transmitter (provider) of the content, and it is responsible for all royalties and licensing payments.



Best regards,

_________________
J.A.R.


For "Support" please include your radio's index link in your profile data (Radio 1). 8. Signature

Para "Asistencia" favor de incluir el enlace índice de radio en los datos del perfil (Radio 1). 8. Firma


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:41 am
Posts: 50
Location: Mexico
Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/es/radio/indemexico/index

http://indemexico.playtheradio.com/
O.S: Windows Seven 64 Bits
J.A.R. wrote:
GOES11 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I hope you can help me on this...

The sound recording performance complement says this:
In any three hour period, no more than three songs can be played by the same artist or from the same album, and no more than two can be played consecutively. This rule can be modified slightly in some cases, under the Featured Artist Restriction, to allow no more than four songs from the same artist or album, with no more than three played consecutively.

(Read more: http://www.ehow.com/list_6011306_internet-broadcasting-rules.html#ixzz2tjzq6UGW)

Now, my questions are this:

1.- If I want to make a 1 hour program about a specific artist, and I have three albums of about 12 songs each (about 16 titles, because some are repeated), and I have 5 podcast of about 1 minute each one (made by myself, explaining things about the artist, who by the way is also the author of the songs), How many songs can I play?

For example:
- Jingle (station ID)
- Podcast 1
- song 1 album 1
- song 1 album 2
- Podcast 2
- song 1 album 3
- song 2 album 1
- song 2 album 2
- Podcast 3
- song 2 album 3
- song 3 album 1
- Podcast 4
- song 3 album 2
- song 3 album 3
- Podcast 5
- song 4 album 1
- Jingle (Station ID)

I'ts valid or it isn't ? or what can I do?

2.- What about live concerts about an artist? (live broadcasting),applies the same rules?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help and suggestions

Best regards

GOES11



djlazy wrote:
I would also like to know the answer to this as I would like to do featured artist shows so unless I play cover versions it would be very difficult to plan.



Hello,

Thanks for the post. Under the U.S copyright laws the above would apply info: http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#114

But, this might vary depending on your country of origin. It is, however, the responsibility of each producer to know the copyrights laws of their respective countries and to avoid 3rd party disputes. See: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=575 Radionomy uses the International "IFPI"
"Moreover, they must comply with the general music title broadcasting rules determined by the IFPI" (http://www.ifpi.org/)

This simply means that each song must show the metadata when transmitted on the Radionomy platform. Your concerns, as producers, would be to abide by the Producer's Pact which all producers agree to in order to create radios and use the Radionomy platform.

This is the legal, binding, agreement between the two parties. As, in this case, Radionomy is the transmitter (provider) of the content, and it is responsible for all royalties and licensing payments.



Best regards,

Hi every one!
Thanks a lot J.A.R:
We have to read all that stuff, but give us answers that we wanted!
Thanks, really!
Best regards!
G11

_________________
____________


Image Inde Mexico
http://indemexico.playtheradio.com/


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:31 pm 
Offline
Moderators
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:10 pm
Posts: 1674
Location: Alabama, USA
O.S: Windows 10
GOES11 wrote:
J.A.R. wrote:
GOES11 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I hope you can help me on this...

The sound recording performance complement says this:
In any three hour period, no more than three songs can be played by the same artist or from the same album, and no more than two can be played consecutively. This rule can be modified slightly in some cases, under the Featured Artist Restriction, to allow no more than four songs from the same artist or album, with no more than three played consecutively.

(Read more: http://www.ehow.com/list_6011306_internet-broadcasting-rules.html#ixzz2tjzq6UGW)

Now, my questions are this:

1.- If I want to make a 1 hour program about a specific artist, and I have three albums of about 12 songs each (about 16 titles, because some are repeated), and I have 5 podcast of about 1 minute each one (made by myself, explaining things about the artist, who by the way is also the author of the songs), How many songs can I play?

For example:
- Jingle (station ID)
- Podcast 1
- song 1 album 1
- song 1 album 2
- Podcast 2
- song 1 album 3
- song 2 album 1
- song 2 album 2
- Podcast 3
- song 2 album 3
- song 3 album 1
- Podcast 4
- song 3 album 2
- song 3 album 3
- Podcast 5
- song 4 album 1
- Jingle (Station ID)

I'ts valid or it isn't ? or what can I do?

2.- What about live concerts about an artist? (live broadcasting),applies the same rules?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help and suggestions

Best regards

GOES11



djlazy wrote:
I would also like to know the answer to this as I would like to do featured artist shows so unless I play cover versions it would be very difficult to plan.



Hello,

Thanks for the post. Under the U.S copyright laws the above would apply info: http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#114

But, this might vary depending on your country of origin. It is, however, the responsibility of each producer to know the copyrights laws of their respective countries and to avoid 3rd party disputes. See: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=575 Radionomy uses the International "IFPI"
"Moreover, they must comply with the general music title broadcasting rules determined by the IFPI" (http://www.ifpi.org/)

This simply means that each song must show the metadata when transmitted on the Radionomy platform. Your concerns, as producers, would be to abide by the Producer's Pact which all producers agree to in order to create radios and use the Radionomy platform.

This is the legal, binding, agreement between the two parties. As, in this case, Radionomy is the transmitter (provider) of the content, and it is responsible for all royalties and licensing payments.



Best regards,

Hi every one!
Thanks a lot J.A.R:
We have to read all that stuff, but give us answers that we wanted!
Thanks, really!
Best regards!
G11



Hi,

The question is answered. :| You, as creators, are responsible for your content on your radios.

I see nothing in the "Pact" that would prevent you from doing so as long as the metadata is seen for each song played on the platform. (title of the song and name of artist)

But, also, please review, the "Producer's Pact" if you have any doubts.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=575


Best regards,

_________________
J.A.R.


For "Support" please include your radio's index link in your profile data (Radio 1). 8. Signature

Para "Asistencia" favor de incluir el enlace índice de radio en los datos del perfil (Radio 1). 8. Firma


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group