Radionomy Board
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:27 pm 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/dancegroove/index
Hi,

My name is Dan and I am in the U.S..

I have put together day templates using only music folders or a combination of playlists and music folders and every time I get an error message. When I click on the error it says:

Number of creations 1
Number of errors in creations 1
Last creation
1/21/2014 19:02

No schedule is available for this radio station, on this date.

Can someone please tell me the correct way to put together a day template to avoid these errors?

Thanks,

Dan

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:50 pm 
Moderators

O.S: Windows 10
freedomteam wrote:
Hi,

I have put together day templates using only music folders or a combination of playlists and music folders and every time I get an error message. When I click on the error it says:

Number of creations 1
Last creation

Can someone please tell me the correct way to put together a day template to avoid these errors?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan and welcome,

It can be a bit confusing at first, but once you get the "hang of it," a breeze... ;) Basically, your clock represents a typical one hour of broadcasting for your station. The generator will look at your clock 24 times to generate planning for the day. It does so randomly picking songs from your music boxes. Each music box should, at least, contain an hour of music (total of various songs)

For a sample clock, click here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=114&start=30#p220

RMO manual: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=114

When you get your station up and running, please include the Radionomy.com index link in your profile data. (Radio 1 space)

That way, we'll be able to help your better.

More info. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=568#p1958 (8. Technical Support, Signature)

All the best in your endeavors,

For "Support" please include your radio's index link in your profile data (Radio 1). 8. Signature

Para "Asistencia" favor de incluir el enlace índice de radio en los datos del perfil (Radio 1). 8. Firma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:42 pm 

J.A.R. wrote:
freedomteam wrote:
Hi,

Number of creations 1
Last creation

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan and welcome,

It can be a bit confusing at first, but once you get the "hang of it," a breeze... ;) Basically, your clock represents a typical one hour of broadcasting for your station. The generator will look at your clock 24 times to generate planning for the day. It does so randomly picking songs from your music boxes. Each music box should, at least, contain an hour of music (total of various songs)

When you get your station up and running, please include the Radionomy.com index link in your profile data. (Radio 1 space)

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've created music boxes that have at least an hour of music in them. Can I only use just one music box for each hour clock if it has over an hour of music in it? Would i have to create music boxes with only 1 song to have them played in a certain order? The playlist did not work because I couldn't get the times right.

Thanks,

Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:20 pm 
Moderators

freedomteam wrote:
J.A.R. wrote:
freedomteam wrote:
Hi,

Number of creations 1
Last creation

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan and welcome,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've created music boxes that have at least an hour of music in them. Can I only use just one music box for each hour clock if it has over an hour of music in it? Would i have to create music boxes with only 1 song to have them played in a certain order? The playlist did not work because I couldn't get the times right.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Yes, you can use the same box 13-14 times in your clock. Just make sure you have a good variety of music in it. One thing, though, you don't have to create 24 one hour clocks for the day. With just one clock, the generator will duplicate it 24 times when generating planning. Most producers use between 1-3 clocks in their Day templates. But, of course, just one will do from 0500-0500. Either way , though, it should work.

Best,

For "Support" please include your radio's index link in your profile data (Radio 1). 8. Signature

Para "Asistencia" favor de incluir el enlace índice de radio en los datos del perfil (Radio 1). 8. Firma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:18 pm 

Thanks,

I've had success with getting a folder generated with a Radionomy stream music folder. In the meantime, I will try to get it to work with my folders. I see this URL under live: live334224.radionomy-live.net but it asks me for a user name and password. How do I hear the station? Where do I find the URL for the staion that I've created?

Also, I looked in the radio station list and Dance Groove, (my station), isn't listed.

Thanks,

Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:28 am 
Moderators

freedomteam wrote:
Thanks,

I've had success with getting a folder generated with a Radionomy stream music folder. In the meantime, I will try to get it to work with my folders. I see this URL under live: live334224.radionomy-live.net but it asks me for a user name and password. How do I hear the station? Where do I find the URL for the staion that I've created?

Also, I looked in the radio station list and Dance Groove, (my station), isn't listed.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Once you get your station up and running you might want to try broadcasting from your home computer. The easiest and cheapest way is by using the Winamp player and DSP. You would then insert the URL listening information with the port number to broadcast "Live." The password would be the same as your account password. More info: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=72

Regarding the listing, keep in mind when there are no listeners for a station, at any given time, the player will stop. So, try to listen and promote your new station as much as you can. On the listings in Radionomy, the priority of station placement is based on the number of listening hours (headphones).

If you're station is active, it will list; but at first, it may not appear on the 200 or so stations on the page. To find it, do a direct search by name and it should come up.

Best,

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:34 pm 

Hi Dan,

Once you get your station up and running you might want to try broadcasting from your home computer. The easiest and cheapest way is by using the Winamp player and DSP. You would then insert the URL listening information with the port number to broadcast "Live." The password would be the same as your account password. More info: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=72

Regarding the listing, keep in mind when there are no listeners for a station, at any given time, the player will stop. So, try to listen and promote your new station as much as you can. On the listings in Radionomy, the priority of station placement is based on the number of listening hours (headphones).

If you're station is active, it will list; but at first, it may not appear on the 200 or so stations on the page. To find it, do a direct search by name and it should come up.

Best,[/quote]

Hi,

I was able to finally get a playlist to load properly and set up the stream with winamp but I'm getting no sound when I try to listen to the station: dancegroove.m3u

Update: Now I'm getting just the beginnings of songs?

I do have a slow computer running vista, could this be the problem?

Also, can this be run on a windows server?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:18 pm 
Moderators

freedomteam wrote:
Hi Dan,

Hi,

I was able to finally get a playlist to load properly and set up the stream with winamp but I'm getting no sound when I try to listen to the station: dancegroove.m3u

Update: Now I'm getting just the beginnings of songs?

I do have a slow computer running vista, could this be the problem?

Also, can this be run on a windows server?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Yes, Windows would be the way to go for "Live." If you're running a Mac you'll need to download "Nicecast."

More info. here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2096&p=7279&hilit=Mac#p7279

Best,

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:32 am 

Okay, thanks for all your help.

One question: I have the adverts put in the programming and I hear them at quarter after each hour and quarter to each hour. The advert is named advert and the tag shows advert as well.

Do you know why the adverts play but there are no radionomy commercials in there place? I already have 5 listeners with 100 hours. Over the 12 hour requirement.

Do the adverts need to be in a special folder?

Thanks,

Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:05 pm 
Moderators

freedomteam wrote:
Okay, thanks for all your help.

One question: I have the adverts put in the programming and I hear them at quarter after each hour and quarter to each hour. The advert is named advert and the tag shows advert as well.

Do you know why the adverts play but there are no radionomy commercials in there place? I already have 5 listeners with 100 hours. Over the 12 hour requirement.

Do the adverts need to be in a special folder?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

When your station goes above 12 hours daily average audience level Radionomy will begin injecting two commercial breaks each half hour. (total 4 minutes an hour) See: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=205

At present, your station is below the daily 12 hour average.

But, it's great that you're already set to go with the "Live" trigger file. There is no special folder for Radionomy commercials as they are injected automatically by Radionomy.

More info: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=72 (16. How to perform adverts while broadcasting Live?)

P.S. Is this for another station you've created?

Best,