Radionomy Board
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:22 am 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/thatdamnedm
Hello:

Some of the songs in the radionomy database have incorrect information. I was thinking we could use a thread to post them so they could be fixed by IT. Would that be appropriate in this section of the site?

Some of the songs I know of currently on my station includes -
• Wrong by Depeche Mode lists Depeche Mode twice
• We Built This City by Starship is listed as "We Build This City"
• Video Killed the Radio Star by the Buggles is listed as "Video Killed the Radio Stars"
• The B-52s are mostly listed as "B-52's"... "The" is part of the band name.
• Same with The Cure... which is listed as Cure
• and The Jacksons which is sometimes listed as Jacksons, like it is for "Can You Feel It"
• The 3:08 version of Sweet Spot by Flo Rida featuring Jennifer Lopez is listed as Sweetspot[/list]

That last one reminds me of another question I have had. Why are artists listed with hyphens between them if there is more than one in the song? For example, for Sweet Spot they are shown as Flo Rida - Jennifer Lopez, when it should be Flo Rida feat. Jennifer Lopez. Another one is Scream by Michael Jackson feat. Janet Jackson. Not only is it hyphenated, but the main artists is second. Is it for the system to better work around constraints?

Thanks,

Dave

That Damn Radio: EDM, 80's, & More

Binghamton, NY

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:47 pm 
Moderators

O.S: Windows 10
todaresq wrote:
Hello:

Some of the songs in the radionomy database have incorrect information. I was thinking we could use a thread to post them so they could be fixed by IT. Would that be appropriate in this section of the site?

Some of the songs I know of currently on my station includes -
• Wrong by Depeche Mode lists Depeche Mode twice
• We Built This City by Starship is listed as "We Build This City"
• Video Killed the Radio Star by the Buggles is listed as "Video Killed the Radio Stars"
• The B-52s are mostly listed as "B-52's"... "The" is part of the band name.
• Same with The Cure... which is listed as Cure
• and The Jacksons which is sometimes listed as Jacksons, like it is for "Can You Feel It"
• The 3:08 version of Sweet Spot by Flo Rida featuring Jennifer Lopez is listed as Sweetspot[/list]

That last one reminds me of another question I have had. Why are artists listed with hyphens between them if there is more than one in the song? For example, for Sweet Spot they are shown as Flo Rida - Jennifer Lopez, when it should be Flo Rida feat. Jennifer Lopez. Another one is Scream by Michael Jackson feat. Janet Jackson. Not only is it hyphenated, but the main artists is second. Is it for the system to better work around constraints?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the post! Yes, some of the listings are as you indicate. The listings are added by another department (other than the IT (technical).

If you wish you can post them in the "Off the air" section. We'll try to pass them along to the appropriate department.

All the best!

:)

For "Support" please include your radio's index link in your profile data (Radio 1). 8. Signature

Para "Asistencia" favor de incluir el enlace índice de radio en los datos del perfil (Radio 1). 8. Firma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:47 pm 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/en/radio/theverybestsmoothjazz/
O.S: Windows 8
When I upload a song that includes an artists name and "Feat" a support artist, it asks me if I want to add the artist when I validate.

Example: Dave Koz Feat. BeBe Winans

So far, I have.

Is this right?

Or should I change the name to just the primary artist?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:07 pm 
Moderators

O.S: Windows 10
FlaJunkie wrote:
When I upload a song that includes an artists name and "Feat" a support artist, it asks me if I want to add the artist when I validate.

Example: Dave Koz Feat. BeBe Winans

So far, I have.

Is this right?

Or should I change the name to just the primary artist?

Hi,

The only problem is that if the artist appears "solo" (as a primary artist) on your station's playlist (without the Feat. artist) you may hear another song immediately by the same artist.

I would just enter the Primary Artist without the "feat." (Unless your sure it's just a one hit wonder.)

Best regards,

For "Support" please include your radio's index link in your profile data (Radio 1). 8. Signature

Para "Asistencia" favor de incluir el enlace índice de radio en los datos del perfil (Radio 1). 8. Firma