Radionomy Board
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: The End Is Near
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:38 pm 

Radio 1: https://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/earcandleradio5
O.S: Windows 10
If we choose to go with the Shoutcast migration and change our station into one that strictly plays music from our own label (we currently have five artists), are we still bound by those DMCA restrictions on the number of times you can play the same artist? After all, it is our own music we'd be playing.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:10 pm 

Radio 1: http://exeomens.com/
www.radionomy.com/exeomens
radiobreezes wrote:
"We inform you that Radionomy will stop its activity
in the United States as of May 31, 2019."

I'm sure all broadcasters/producers got the message this morning.
Not all that surprising.
:o

I did. And I'm just logging on to post a Thank You! to Radionomy for having hosted my station for free for the past two years.
I won't be migrating because of the licensing and royalty costs required to keep it going. Corporate bought US Congress squeezing the little guy out of the music "BUSINESS".

Anyways, THANK YOU, Radionomy. Good luck and best wishes to your company! And good luck to USA web radios here!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:44 pm 

Radio 1: https://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/a2zradio
O.S: Windows 8
RadioXUS wrote:
I present to you a "pro tip":

If you are planning to utilize another non-related service, or are just planning on "throwing in the towel", you should first migrate your station(s) to Shoutcast anyway.

Once migrated, you can choose to delete the station. Unlike deleting a station here on Radionomy, deleting a station on Shoutcast promptly removes it from all Shoutcast and Radionomy directories, and does not result in a "like station" or Jamendo redirect. Your station is just simply gone. Attempting to listen to the stream results in a 404 error. It's all as if it never existed on here.

I did this with one of my lower performing stations to reduce my licensing fees, and it indeed works.

So, as "doomsday" nears, consider this.

I finally got around to this a few days ago. It worked like a charm. Now if I decide to launch it again elsewhere in the future, I don't have to worry about it being a dead (or redirected) link on Radionomy. I can't thank you enough for this tip. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:07 pm 

Radio 1: Haven't started a station yet.
Hello Everybody,

Not sure if we are going to allow on the forums after the 31st, so I guess is the time I say goodbye. I never actually started broadcasting because of some setbacks (e.g. loss of my music collection, money, etc.) but was still planning and organizing my station.

Now with the discontinuing of US broadcast on Radionomy, I can't afford to go with Shoutcast yet, may go with Sonixcast later if my finances start back.

Anywho, I want to thank everyone that has given me advice and supported me in this venture.

Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:17 pm 

Thank you for the memories, and it was really fun being a listener for the past few years. I really enjoyed listening to the stations along with the different genres of music.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:35 pm 

I wish this information of halting service in the USA was on the signup home page, as from what I luckily see on this forum, this information below is not true if a person is in the USA, like myself. I wish I was aware of this before I signed up. What alternatives are there now? Can I broadcast in all other countries besides the USA?

Music Licensing Coverage
We have got you covered. We cover all the music licensing necessary to stream online. You just program the music and content you love.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5