Radionomy Board
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:24 pm 

Well, I decided to put my radio "Classic Rock Internet Radio Free" on the shelf for a while and try a new radio.

I seem to have done everything right, except on http://www.shoutcast.com the stream bitrate for the new radio, which is Radio Free California, is showing to people that it is 128 Kbps. It is actually not, the stream bitrate is 192 Kbps.

It would be great if Radionomy Technical Support fixes this issue for me.

I know some people with slow Smartphone cell connections might have some trouble (buffering) receiving Radio Free California at 192 Kbps, but the sound quality difference streaming at 192 Kbps is very noticeable. So I have decided to be in favor of Internet Radio Listeners that want higher sound quality.

I know this small issue can be fixed. Thanks in advance for all your hard work and support!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:28 pm 
Moderators

Radio 1: https://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/radio-nostalgia
http://www.radio-nostalgia.nl
O.S: Windows 10
You can ask your questions on the shoutcast forum http://forums.winamp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140
This forum is for radionomy radios.

No support via PM - in PM verleen ik geen support.
Veel antwoorden op je vraag zijn ook terug te vinden in de tutorials.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:40 am 

OK Bob, thanks, but perhaps I am confused, since someone told me that Radionomy and Shoutcast are part of the same Company?

I took your advice and posted my radio issue on the Winamp forum, but I will accept help from wherever I can get it.

I am not being nasty to you, but unless the Winamp Forum has changed, in th past when I posted issues there I mostly was spammed by teenagers and received replies of no use from the Public.

Also, my Listener Count is reporting as zero, even though I am listening, so that means the Listener Count should report 1.

Well, if nobody can help me now, since this is the weekend, I will wait until Monday.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:41 pm 

Follow up info:

Changed the stream back to 128kbps MP3, sounds good enough.
Station is: https://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/clas ... free/index

But again, our station has a REALLY good Google Page Rank, and somehow we only have 3 Listeners?

Here, you can check our great Google search result position here: We are listed right next to Pandora:

Just go to Google.com and do this search: classic rock internet radio free

With such good Google exposure for our radio we only have a maximum of 3 Listeners during past a 24 hour period. One of the listeners is us, since we need to monitor the live stream.

We did post this low listener count issue on the Shoutcast Winamp Forum, but very few people looked at it and we have received no replies to the post there.

We have contacted some friends of the station, and checked home PC's, and even went to the Seattle Public Library to test if we could listen to our radio. What happens is over 90% of the time you click on the "arrows" on the page to listen and nothing happens. No audio from the stream. What sometimes works better is to click on the .m3u link, bu on most Windows PC's what happens is the radio stream will play for some minutes and then stop playing.

My backround is that I worked for a very large Internet Radio Station during years 2005-2010.

Please someone fix this listening issue for us, we want to support Radionomy and Shoutcast very much.

Thank you very much in advance Radionomy Staff for your assistance. If necessary please reach out to proper Shoutcast Technical Support personnel so we can be heard online. We estimate that if things were working correctly since we launched this radio we should have at least 100 listeners.

Thank you again,
Alexsis

P.S. If a Recording Artist, Copyright Holder or Record Label ever objects to a song we are playing being played, the legal solution is very simple: we remove that song from our Playlist and do not play the song again. So far, no one is objecting to our current Playlist.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:11 am 

Typo in the previous post: the actual easier way to find our station on Google.com is this search: free classic rock internet radio - do that search we are usually on Google.com Page 1 or 2.

If you search: classic rock internet radio free , we are usually on Google.com Page 2 or 3.

Thank you,
Alexsis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:53 am 

Thanks for looking into this. :)

In the past there have been issues and incidents with white hat and black hat hackers attacking certain Internet Radio Directory services, making them "offline" and generally making trouble.

I am confident whatever the issues are they will be resolved.

Thank you,
Alexsis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:21 pm 
Moderators

Radio 1: Peelland-FM
Radio 2: 80XL
O.S: Windows 10
Hello,

This is a forum for Radionomy stations. SHOUTcast has its own forum at http://forums.winamp.com/ and its own support email address: support@shoutcast.com

You won't get any support for your station here, sorry.

Thanks.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]