Radionomy Board
It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:40 am 

Radio 1: http://listen.radionomy.com/bigvariety

not up and running yet
Radio 2: N/A
O.S: Windows 10
Hello,

My name is David, from Washington state in the USA, so hi to my fellow west coast posters, and having read all the posts on here, I too am having some problems with trying to get my station up and running. I just signed up a couple days ago and have read through the owners manual twice and am still trying to figure out how to upload files from my laptop onto the site so I can start broadcasting. I am not seeing the upload or other buttons that it shows in the manual, so I thought I would try asking for help on here and also introduce myself. I use to actually be on live radio years ago, over 25 years ago in fact, although i am old I never had kids, so I am not a grand parent, but old enough to be one lol. I like a wide variety of music, pretty much everything from big band to oldies, old traditional country,, classic rock, disco, a lot of 80's, almost anything except rap and hip hop and i spent most of yesterday and today making sure all the files I wanted to use were converted to the proper format in the manual. I have been trying to do everything with Radionomy on the chrome browser, and then I even tried on the edge browser and had the same results. If anyone can help me figure this out please email me at djfick2@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for any help on this, and have a blessed day.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:22 am 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/j-popprojectradio
djf1957 wrote:
Hello,

My name is David, from Washington state in the USA, so hi to my fellow west coast posters, and having read all the posts on here, I too am having some problems with trying to get my station up and running. I just signed up a couple days ago and have read through the owners manual twice and am still trying to figure out how to upload files from my laptop onto the site so I can start broadcasting. I am not seeing the upload or other buttons that it shows in the manual, so I thought I would try asking for help on here and also introduce myself. I use to actually be on live radio years ago, over 25 years ago in fact, although i am old I never had kids, so I am not a grand parent, but old enough to be one lol. I like a wide variety of music, pretty much everything from big band to oldies, old traditional country,, classic rock, disco, a lot of 80's, almost anything except rap and hip hop and i spent most of yesterday and today making sure all the files I wanted to use were converted to the proper format in the manual. I have been trying to do everything with Radionomy on the chrome browser, and then I even tried on the edge browser and had the same results. If anyone can help me figure this out please email me at djfick2@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for any help on this, and have a blessed day.

First of all create a box for your music (several is actually a good idea, but this will get you started) - have you done that?
Then you can open the box and you will see an "Upload" button along with several others on that screen. Have you got to this part?
Note that as long as the music is all in mp3 format, and greater than 96mbps they should upload ok - they do not have to be 128mbps.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:34 pm 

not up and running yet
Yes, I have created several boxes, and when I click on them all I get is filtered box, filters, and add a filter, and the only one that is clickable is the add a filter, I am still not seeing the buttons to upload my files from my hard drive or any of the other button options as shown on page 13 of the manual. Does that mean I have to type each one of them in individually then? I am still confused on this. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:32 pm 

djf1957 wrote:
Yes, I have created several boxes, and when I click on them all I get is filtered box, filters, and add a filter, and the only one that is clickable is the add a filter, I am still not seeing the buttons to upload my files from my hard drive or any of the other button options as shown on page 13 of the manual. Does that mean I have to type each one of them in individually then? I am still confused on this. Thanks.

Your empty box should look something like this when you click on it.

Attachments:
Box files.png
Box files.png [ 7.38 KiB | Viewed 10055 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:24 pm 

not up and running yet
I wish I could say that it does look like that, but it does not, and that is what is frustrating me is that I am not getting them they way they should look, I am not sure why either. I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10, but I am not seeing the screen that you showed with the upload or any of the other buttons at the top as on your screen shot. I am so anxious to get my station going, but I can't because I can not get it set up according to the instructions shown and given. I have several boxes now, but they all just show the same thing as I said above, box 1 on the left says filtered box, box 2 in the middle says filters, and box 3 on the right says add a filter, and the last one on the right is the only one that is clicable, I did try inputting a few song titles and artists in that way, but I am still not getting the upload or any of the other buttons. Please, if anyone can refer this to someone else that can help me get this figured out so I can get my station started, please do so, I am getting desperate here, many thanks for all future help.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:00 pm 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/avinu--hymns
Radio 2: www.radionomy.com/wills-southern-gospel
Are you sure it says "filter" and not "filler"?
In any case, here is a simple step-by-step to get you started:

1. Create one single "Music Box" -- Name it "Music" or anything you want.
2. Upload all of your tracks into it.
3. Add that "box" to one "clock" called "Day".
4. Add "Day" to one "Day Template".
5. Finally, drag that one "DayTemplate" to each day on the calendar under the "Planning" tab.

I end up just working my way left to right through "Audio" "Clocks" "Day Templates" "Planning".

Next you should set up advertisement fillers. If you don't, the planner will plug in some randomly that are totally foreign to your genre.

6. Find several instrumental tracks (or anything you want) that are precisely 2:00 minutes in length.

7. Create a "filler" box naming it "Filler" or anything you want.
8. Upload your 2:00 minute filler tracks into it.
9. Set the constraints on your filler box to the lowest number allowed.
11. Go to the "Planning" page, look to the right under "Ad screens set up"
12. Select your filler box under "Filler box"
13. Generate your Planning for each day. If you already did it in step 5 above, redo it.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:43 pm 

djf1957 wrote:
I wish I could say that it does look like that, but it does not, and that is what is frustrating me is that I am not getting them they way they should look, I am not sure why either. I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10, but I am not seeing the screen that you showed with the upload or any of the other buttons at the top as on your screen shot. I am so anxious to get my station going, but I can't because I can not get it set up according to the instructions shown and given. I have several boxes now, but they all just show the same thing as I said above, box 1 on the left says filtered box, box 2 in the middle says filters, and box 3 on the right says add a filter, and the last one on the right is the only one that is clicable, I did try inputting a few song titles and artists in that way, but I am still not getting the upload or any of the other buttons. Please, if anyone can refer this to someone else that can help me get this figured out so I can get my station started, please do so, I am getting desperate here, many thanks for all future help.

I suggest you post a screenshot of what you are seeing. That may help us figure out what you are doing.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:46 pm 

not up and running yet
this is all I am getting, and when I try to click on any of the other ones on the left they just say no box found, so I can not find any of the pre made jingles or anything else that I read about in the manual, I hope this helps someone figure out how to help me, and thanks again for any and all help.

Attachments:
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (5).png [ 116.93 KiB | Viewed 10025 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:48 pm 

djf1957 wrote:
this is all I am getting, and when I try to click on any of the other ones on the left they just say no box found, so I can not find any of the pre made jingles or anything else that I read about in the manual, I hope this helps someone figure out how to help me, and thanks again for any and all help.

Ahh - so that is what you did. :)

You have created Smart boxes - should have guessed from what you said.

You should create your boxes under "Music" not "Smart".

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:00 am 

not up and running yet
that was what I tried to do, but every time I clicked on music or play list, it puts them all up under the smart category and I can not delete any of the boxes either, so I am still stuck, help me please and thanks again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next