Radionomy Board
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:50 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:38 am
Posts: 3647
Location: UK
Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/j-popprojectradio
DJBunnyRobot wrote:
Cool.
Thanks for the info, but I'm a complete newcomer to code and webpage design, so I'm still not clear on how to actually implement what you described in your earlier post. :P
But here's my webpage, if you'd like to see (Wix stinks for mobile optimization, which I found out AFTER building my entire site there - but the site works pretty well on a regular computer... and looks best on an HD monitor, as designed):
http://www.intergalacticfunk.com/

Maybe it stinks because you are "a complete newcomer to code and webpage design" - usually Wix is regarded as good for mobile site design.
Maybe you should read some of the Wix tutorials to assist you.

_________________
J-Pop Project Radio - J-Pop the West likes the Best


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 35
Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/Intergalactic_Funk
Radio 2: www.radionomy.com/IntergalacticFunk.com
elmbury wrote:
DJBunnyRobot wrote:
Cool.
Thanks for the info, but I'm a complete newcomer to code and webpage design, so I'm still not clear on how to actually implement what you described in your earlier post. :P
But here's my webpage, if you'd like to see (Wix stinks for mobile optimization, which I found out AFTER building my entire site there - but the site works pretty well on a regular computer... and looks best on an HD monitor, as designed):
http://www.intergalacticfunk.com/

Maybe it stinks because you are "a complete newcomer to code and webpage design" - usually Wix is regarded as good for mobile site design.

Maybe you should read some of the Wix tutorials to assist you.

I have... and i only say it "stinks", because after having built my entire site there (which i think i've done ok for a newcomer), i've searched for more instruction on why the mobile view doesn't actually correspond with the way you've set it up in the "optimize for mobile" section of the editor. And MANY other people were having exactly the same issues, and had gone elsewhere beCAUSE of these issues.
But none of that stuff relates to the op... which is about my need for an understanding of how to get the plugins to work with my page.
I'm looking forward to the tutorial, as I pick things up pretty quickly with instruction (which i actually had zero instruction on the whole website-building thing. Just figured it out.) I only ask for help when i need it. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 35
Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/Intergalactic_Funk
Radio 2: www.radionomy.com/IntergalacticFunk.com
Bob wrote:
I thought http://www.101smoothjazz.com/ is your site but I'm wrong.
Next week I'm going to make a tutorial how to do it with the redirects.

Looking forward to that tutorial, and i hope you'd be so kind as to post a link to it here, when you get it completed.
Thanks for doing this. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 12:44 am
Posts: 243
Location: Tennessee
Radio 1: ISPY Radio (Spy Music)
www.radionomy.com/ispyradio
Radio 2: Kaleidoscope Dreams (REAL Psychedlic Rock)
www.radionomy.com/kaleidoscopedreams
DJBunnyRobot wrote:
elmbury wrote:
DJBunnyRobot wrote:
Cool.
Thanks for the info, but I'm a complete newcomer to code and webpage design, so I'm still not clear on how to actually implement what you described in your earlier post. :P
But here's my webpage, if you'd like to see (Wix stinks for mobile optimization, which I found out AFTER building my entire site there - but the site works pretty well on a regular computer... and looks best on an HD monitor, as designed):
http://www.intergalacticfunk.com/

Maybe it stinks because you are "a complete newcomer to code and webpage design" - usually Wix is regarded as good for mobile site design.

Maybe you should read some of the Wix tutorials to assist you.

I have... and i only say it "stinks", because after having built my entire site there (which i think i've done ok for a newcomer), i've searched for more instruction on why the mobile view doesn't actually correspond with the way you've set it up in the "optimize for mobile" section of the editor. And MANY other people were having exactly the same issues, and had gone elsewhere beCAUSE of these issues.
But none of that stuff relates to the op... which is about my need for an understanding of how to get the plugins to work with my page.
I'm looking forward to the tutorial, as I pick things up pretty quickly with instruction (which i actually had zero instruction on the whole website-building thing. Just figured it out.) I only ask for help when i need it. :mrgreen:


Maybe you should think more simple. You can look at my site right now it is even too much i am simplifying it as it is. I say this because your site looks really cool to me very energetic and exciting, that is after close to 3 minutes for it to load and i am on fiber in fact the fiber i am on is considered the fastest in the u.s. so i can imagine somone on cable or mobile. it is a great design but if you and i both focus on the stream and the most important info maybe we will have more streamlined sites. the jazz site you posed as an example is a great reference for you. it loads in like 2 seconds. and is straight to the point.

_________________
Love life and it will love you back.

www.radionomy.com/ispyradio
www.ispytheradio.com


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 12:44 am
Posts: 243
Location: Tennessee
Radio 1: ISPY Radio (Spy Music)
www.radionomy.com/ispyradio
Radio 2: Kaleidoscope Dreams (REAL Psychedlic Rock)
www.radionomy.com/kaleidoscopedreams
DJBunnyRobot wrote:
Bob wrote:
I thought http://www.101smoothjazz.com/ is your site but I'm wrong.
Next week I'm going to make a tutorial how to do it with the redirects.

Looking forward to that tutorial, and i hope you'd be so kind as to post a link to it here, when you get it completed.
Thanks for doing this. :mrgreen:

Basically when you make those files and upload them on your server then you can create links to them with an image reference. it is way less difficult than it sounds

_________________
Love life and it will love you back.

www.radionomy.com/ispyradio
www.ispytheradio.com


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 35
Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/Intergalactic_Funk
Radio 2: www.radionomy.com/IntergalacticFunk.com
timelordjason wrote:
Maybe you should think more simple. You can look at my site right now it is even too much i am simplifying it as it is. I say this because your site looks really cool to me very energetic and exciting, that is after close to 3 minutes for it to load and i am on fiber in fact the fiber i am on is considered the fastest in the u.s. so i can imagine somone on cable or mobile. it is a great design but if you and i both focus on the stream and the most important info maybe we will have more streamlined sites. the jazz site you posed as an example is a great reference for you. it loads in like 2 seconds. and is straight to the point.


Yeah, I know I went overboard on trying to make a cool site... but close to 3 minutes on the "best connection in the US"?
The longest it has ever taken to load in for me is 3 to 3-1/2 seconds, and I have a 20Mbps download speed.
Usually 2 seconds.
ALWAYS quicker than Youtube, or most other sites I've checked.
And on my "Mobile optimization" section with Wix, I've disabled/removed all the videos and virtually anything that would slow down the load time.
Yet the actual mobile view looks NOTHING like the way I've set it up. It's a mess.
So I'll prolly trim it all down to a boring website eventually - but am enjoying it for now. And receiving lots of compliments. With a very low bounce rate.

I know it's foolish of me, but I don't know where I'm supposed to "upload those files *TO* on my server" in order to create icon links to them. :roll:
Please let me know how to do this as if explaining to a small child? :mrgreen:
Thanks for any help you can provide.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 12:44 am
Posts: 243
Location: Tennessee
Radio 1: ISPY Radio (Spy Music)
www.radionomy.com/ispyradio
Radio 2: Kaleidoscope Dreams (REAL Psychedlic Rock)
www.radionomy.com/kaleidoscopedreams
DJBunnyRobot wrote:
timelordjason wrote:
Maybe you should think more simple. You can look at my site right now it is even too much i am simplifying it as it is. I say this because your site looks really cool to me very energetic and exciting, that is after close to 3 minutes for it to load and i am on fiber in fact the fiber i am on is considered the fastest in the u.s. so i can imagine somone on cable or mobile. it is a great design but if you and i both focus on the stream and the most important info maybe we will have more streamlined sites. the jazz site you posed as an example is a great reference for you. it loads in like 2 seconds. and is straight to the point.


Yeah, I know I went overboard on trying to make a cool site... but close to 3 minutes on the "best connection in the US"?
The longest it has ever taken to load in for me is 3 to 3-1/2 seconds, and I have a 20Mbps download speed.
Usually 2 seconds.
ALWAYS quicker than Youtube, or most other sites I've checked.
And on my "Mobile optimization" section with Wix, I've disabled/removed all the videos and virtually anything that would slow down the load time.
Yet the actual mobile view looks NOTHING like the way I've set it up. It's a mess.
So I'll prolly trim it all down to a boring website eventually - but am enjoying it for now. And receiving lots of compliments. With a very low bounce rate.

I know it's foolish of me, but I don't know where I'm supposed to "upload those files *TO* on my server" in order to create icon links to them. :roll:
Please let me know how to do this as if explaining to a small child? :mrgreen:
Thanks for any help you can provide.

You can upload them anywhere say you make a file called files in your server via ftp.....
say the name of the file is stream.asx
my link would refer to ....
http://ispytheradio/files/stream.asx
I would use that you make a image link

i hope that helps

P.S. some websites take time on my laptop and i think it is my laptop.

If you want to learn bootstrap go here http://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/
it has helped me tremendously making my age responsive for mobile.

_________________
Love life and it will love you back.

www.radionomy.com/ispyradio
www.ispytheradio.com


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 35
Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/Intergalactic_Funk
Radio 2: www.radionomy.com/IntergalacticFunk.com
timelordjason wrote:
You can upload them anywhere say you make a file called files in your server via ftp.....
say the name of the file is stream.asx
my link would refer to ....
http://ispytheradio/files/stream.asx
I would use that you make a image link

i hope that helps

P.S. some websites take time on my laptop and i think it is my laptop.

If you want to learn bootstrap go here http://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/
it has helped me tremendously making my age responsive for mobile.

Ok. Thanks.
So, with the code Bob provided earlier - after saving as .m3u extensions, I now have Winamp and Windows Media Player files that work to open my stream in those two players on my computer.
But, so far as I can tell, there's no way for me to upload them to my Wix editor (won't allow me to upload the files because of the .m3u extension). It tells me that the .m3u isn't supported. That docs have to be in PDF, DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XLS, ODP, or ODT format.
I can also upload videos and images and individual mp3 or .WAV files... but I'm at a loss on how to get these files into the editor, to be able to add them to the site, and link them to icons to play the stream.
Sorry if my questions are foolish, but I'm struggling with this.
Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 12:44 am
Posts: 243
Location: Tennessee
Radio 1: ISPY Radio (Spy Music)
www.radionomy.com/ispyradio
Radio 2: Kaleidoscope Dreams (REAL Psychedlic Rock)
www.radionomy.com/kaleidoscopedreams
DJBunnyRobot wrote:
timelordjason wrote:
You can upload them anywhere say you make a file called files in your server via ftp.....
say the name of the file is stream.asx
my link would refer to ....
http://ispytheradio/files/stream.asx
I would use that you make a image link

i hope that helps

P.S. some websites take time on my laptop and i think it is my laptop.

If you want to learn bootstrap go here http://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/
it has helped me tremendously making my age responsive for mobile.

Ok. Thanks.
So, with the code Bob provided earlier - after saving as .m3u extensions, I now have Winamp and Windows Media Player files that work to open my stream in those two players on my computer.
But, so far as I can tell, there's no way for me to upload them to my Wix editor (won't allow me to upload the files because of the .m3u extension). It tells me that the .m3u isn't supported. That docs have to be in PDF, DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XLS, ODP, or ODT format.
I can also upload videos and images and individual mp3 or .WAV files... but I'm at a loss on how to get these files into the editor, to be able to add them to the site, and link them to icons to play the stream.
Sorry if my questions are foolish, but I'm struggling with this.
Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:

I cant help with WIX servers i am not even sure what their control panel even looks like. If there is any way you can utilize an ftp you should be able to upload them. I use godaddy and have no issues.

_________________
Love life and it will love you back.

www.radionomy.com/ispyradio
www.ispytheradio.com


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:24 pm
Posts: 580
Location: The Great wide world
Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/anisonhitsradio/index
O.S: Windows 8
DJBunnyRobot wrote:
timelordjason wrote:
You can upload them anywhere say you make a file called files in your server via ftp.....
say the name of the file is stream.asx
my link would refer to ....
http://ispytheradio/files/stream.asx
I would use that you make a image link

i hope that helps

P.S. some websites take time on my laptop and i think it is my laptop.

If you want to learn bootstrap go here http://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/
it has helped me tremendously making my age responsive for mobile.

Ok. Thanks.
So, with the code Bob provided earlier - after saving as .m3u extensions, I now have Winamp and Windows Media Player files that work to open my stream in those two players on my computer.
But, so far as I can tell, there's no way for me to upload them to my Wix editor (won't allow me to upload the files because of the .m3u extension). It tells me that the .m3u isn't supported. That docs have to be in PDF, DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XLS, ODP, or ODT format.
I can also upload videos and images and individual mp3 or .WAV files... but I'm at a loss on how to get these files into the editor, to be able to add them to the site, and link them to icons to play the stream.
Sorry if my questions are foolish, but I'm struggling with this.
Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:



I use Wix.com and you cannot upload files other than what you have stated. Wix. is a web service that is simple and has some great tools from the client side, but is not for people who want server control over their website. If this is a need for you, then Wix is not the service you should use. Basic media files, document files, and picture files are pretty much all you can upload to use on your website. You cannot upload server side scripts, apps, or in your case, playlist container files. You are limited to the server side apps that Wix provides in their app store. The one nice thing you can do is imbed HTML so you can use most 3rd party hosted widgets and even imbed a webpage on your webpage.

Wix is great for simple webdesign but is not for those who want complete granular access to their site design.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group