Radionomy Board
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:22 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:05 pm 

Radio 1: ISPY Radio (Spy Music)
www.radionomy.com/ispyradio
Radio 2: Kaleidoscope Dreams (REAL Psychedlic Rock)
www.radionomy.com/kaleidoscopedreams
I am very happy with my station but as always i know i can do more to always improve. As far as promotion i feel like i have been lacking. I am seeking advice about third party blogs. how do i approach these? do i email them asking them to do articles? do i post all over them isnt that spamming? how do i get my station to get exposure in other peoples blogs??? whats the secret?

www.ispytheradio.com

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:24 am 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/the80-sreloaded
Radio 2: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/onehi ... 80-s/index
In theory, yes, this seems like a good idea. However, I can tell you from experience that it's more difficult & less effective than you might think it would be. But it won't do any harm to try.

When I had my original station on Live365, I devoted myself (too much) to letting every music blog know that it existed. As a general rule the most popular blogs are hard to crack & will rarely give you a link, much less an article devoted to your station. But if you can get a mention on a blog with heavy traffic, then that's great. I can also tell you it's mostly a waste of time to bother with lesser-known blogs. They'll often gladly give you a link so that their zero number of visitors can go swarming to your station. I got several blogs (all with low # of visitors) to link to my station, from which I received exactly no traffic.

It might do you some good to ask popular blogs to link to you or give your station a review. Don't get your hopes up, though. I once had a popular blog write a scathing review of my station, tearing down everything from the music I played, the ID's I used to the colors of my graphics. That article is still there. My station is not.

R.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:38 pm 

Radio 1: ISPY Radio (Spy Music)
Radio 2: Kaleidoscope Dreams (REAL Psychedlic Rock)
www.radionomy.com/kaleidoscopedreams
deltablues2 wrote:
In theory, yes, this seems like a good idea. However, I can tell you from experience that it's more difficult & less effective than you might think it would be. But it won't do any harm to try.

When I had my original station on Live365, I devoted myself (too much) to letting every music blog know that it existed. As a general rule the most popular blogs are hard to crack & will rarely give you a link, much less an article devoted to your station. But if you can get a mention on a blog with heavy traffic, then that's great. I can also tell you it's mostly a waste of time to bother with lesser-known blogs. They'll often gladly give you a link so that their zero number of visitors can go swarming to your station. I got several blogs (all with low # of visitors) to link to my station, from which I received exactly no traffic.

It might do you some good to ask popular blogs to link to you or give your station a review. Don't get your hopes up, though. I once had a popular blog write a scathing review of my station, tearing down everything from the music I played, the ID's I used to the colors of my graphics. That article is still there. My station is not.

Thank you for the advice. I can understand what you are saying. Basically give a little time for contacting big blogs but not too much time or hopes. And dont even bother with low traffic ones. Makes sense. How would you go about contacting the bigger ones?

www.ispytheradio.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:19 pm 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/the80-sreloaded
Radio 2: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/onehi ... 80-s/index
I would just contact blogs that had an email displayed. Some of them don't.

Good luck!

R.I.P.