Radionomy Board
It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:47 pm 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/dancegroove/index
J.A.R. wrote:
freedomteam wrote:
Okay, thanks for all your help.

One question: I have the adverts put in the programming and I hear them at quarter after each hour and quarter to each hour. The advert is named advert and the tag shows advert as well.

Do you know why the adverts play but there are no radionomy commercials in there place? I already have 5 listeners with 100 hours. Over the 12 hour requirement.

Do the adverts need to be in a special folder?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

When your station goes above 12 hours daily average audience level Radionomy will begin injecting two commercial breaks each half hour. (total 4 minutes an hour) See: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=205

At present, your station is below the daily 12 hour average.

But, it's great that you're already set to go with the "Live" trigger file. There is no special folder for Radionomy commercials as they are injected automatically by Radionomy.

More info: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=72 (16. How to perform adverts while broadcasting Live?)

P.S. Is this for another station you've created?

Best,

Hi J.A.R.,

I am still working on my first station, Dance Groove.

I have 68 streaming hours in one day. This is higher than the 15 hour average. Can you please explain?

There is so much that doesn't seem to be mentioned on this forum. I had to make my playlists just under 45 minutes because it won't accept 2 playlists under 15 minutes. The clock needs to be at least 15 minutes, so you have to make one playlist at just less than 45 minutes to include the adverts at the right times.

Is there an easier way to program so that the adverts and jingles play at the right times?

Thanks,

Dan

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:25 pm 
Moderators

O.S: Windows 10
freedomteam wrote:
J.A.R. wrote:
freedomteam wrote:
Okay, thanks for all your help.

One question: I have the adverts put in the programming and I hear them at quarter after each hour and quarter to each hour. The advert is named advert and the tag shows advert as well.

Do you know why the adverts play but there are no radionomy commercials in there place? I already have 5 listeners with 100 hours. Over the 12 hour requirement.

Do the adverts need to be in a special folder?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

When your station goes above 12 hours daily average audience level Radionomy will begin injecting two commercial breaks each half hour. (total 4 minutes an hour) See: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=205

At present, your station is below the daily 12 hour average.

But, it's great that you're already set to go with the "Live" trigger file. There is no special folder for Radionomy commercials as they are injected automatically by Radionomy.

More info: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=72 (16. How to perform adverts while broadcasting Live?)

P.S. Is this for another station you've created?

Best,

Hi J.A.R.,

I am still working on my first station, Dance Groove.

I have 68 streaming hours in one day. This is higher than the 15 hour average. Can you please explain?

There is so much that doesn't seem to be mentioned on this forum. I had to make my playlists just under 45 minutes because it won't accept 2 playlists under 15 minutes. The clock needs to be at least 15 minutes, so you have to make one playlist at just less than 45 minutes to include the adverts at the right times.

Is there an easier way to program so that the adverts and jingles play at the right times?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

In the "normal" stats page on the upper left hand corner, you'll see the Hours/Day More or less that would be your "Average" daily hours. Your total streaming hours are different from your daily "Average" hours.

Regarding Playlists, yes, they must be longer than 15 minutes whereas with the Podcasts / songs they cannot be over 15 minutes.

A bit confusing.

The Jingles should be included in your "Template" Clocks. If you need more control on your programming you would need to create a "playlist" with no truncation authorize. Even so, if your Playlists ends and another one starts there may be a gap (or none ) between the two and this will cause a song to come up from your "Template clock" and/or a commercial break. The uncertain thing here would be the exact times of the commercial injections which you would have no control over.

You'll have to "trial and error" this to see if you can minimize the problem, but, again, you cannot schedule the Breaks yourself unless you're doing a "live" broadcast. If doing a "Live" (or direct) broadcast you can then schedule the "trigger" file within the commercial block 15 minute window for each half hour.

So, by doing a direct broadcast (which is the easiest way) you have the greatest control over your programming (As long as you use/program the trigger file in each half hour)

Best,

For "Support" please include your radio's index link in your profile data (Radio 1). 8. Signature

Para "Asistencia" favor de incluir el enlace índice de radio en los datos del perfil (Radio 1). 8. Firma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:24 pm 

Hi J.A.R.

I found it, thanks!

If I create another station, is it a problem to streaming both stations from my computer using winamp/shoutcast. I would want to know this before creating a second station.

I do really appreciate your help, btw.

Dan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:28 pm 
Moderators

freedomteam wrote:
Hi J.A.R.

I found it, thanks!

If I create another station, is it a problem to streaming both stations from my computer using winamp/shoutcast. I would want to know this before creating a second station.

I do really appreciate your help, btw.

Dan

Hi Dan,

That would depend on your bandwidth/Internet provider. If you're limited, you could send one with the AAC+ @ 48kbps. The recommended is mp3 @ 128 but AAC+ is fine.

Best,

For "Support" please include your radio's index link in your profile data (Radio 1). 8. Signature

Para "Asistencia" favor de incluir el enlace índice de radio en los datos del perfil (Radio 1). 8. Firma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:05 pm 

Hi J.A.R.

I found it, thanks!

This morning I'm hearing commercials, but they are not playing when the advert plays, around 12 - 14 minutes after the hour and 41 - 42 minutes after the hour. Other adverts pop in unscheduled and play. Is there any way to fix this?

Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:34 pm 
Moderators

freedomteam wrote:
Hi J.A.R.

I found it, thanks!

This morning I'm hearing commercials, but they are not playing when the advert plays, around 12 - 14 minutes after the hour and 41 - 42 minutes after the hour. Other adverts pop in unscheduled and play. Is there any way to fix this?

Dan

Hi Dan,

With the Radionomy automation there is no way you can fix that.

The breaks should be between:

The first break between: xx:10 and xx:30 (every hour)

The second between :40 and xx:59 (every hour)

When you do a direct/Live feed your trigger file should also appear in your playlist between the times mentioned above.

Best,

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:41 pm 

J.A.R. wrote:
freedomteam wrote:
Hi J.A.R.

I found it, thanks!

Dan

Hi Dan,

When you do a direct/Live feed your trigger file should also appear in your playlist between the times mentioned above.

Best,

I had already put the adverts in the right time slot in my playlist. I did forget to add a colon at the end of the name and info of the advert file, could this be a problem? Radionomy is playing ads at the wrong times, 2 minutes and 32 minutes after each hour. This is not in the time slot stated here on the forum. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:05 pm 
Moderators

freedomteam wrote:
J.A.R. wrote:
freedomteam wrote:
Hi J.A.R.

I found it, thanks!

Dan

Hi Dan,

Best,

I had already put the adverts in the right time slot in my playlist. I did forget to add a colon at the end of the name and info of the advert file, could this be a problem? Radionomy is playing ads at the wrong times, 2 minutes and 32 minutes after each hour. This is not in the time slot stated here on the forum. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan

Yes, that could cause a problem. The trigger is Advert: in both the title and artist's spaces. Remember also that the trigger file should be two minutes long as it will play for those not hearing a commercial, also. (File should be 128kbps, 44100hz, stereo file)

Best

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:07 pm 

Hi J.A.R.

Please tell me how to get the adverts to play, even if it is random.

When I place the adverts in the playlist, at around 14 minutes after the hour and 42 minutes after the hour, the advert plays with no commercials. Instead Radionomy plays the commercials at the top and bottom of each hour.

So my adverts play as scheduled in the playlist with no commercials and radionomy is playing commercials at the top and bottom of the hour as well, this is creating 4 breaks each hour. When I take the adverts out of the playlist, then I get nothing, no adverts or commercials. How do I get the commercials to play properly using the Radionomy playlist? If you don't know can you please contact someone who does know?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:30 pm 
Moderators

freedomteam wrote:
Hi J.A.R.

Please tell me how to get the adverts to play, even if it is random.

When I place the adverts in the playlist, at around 14 minutes after the hour and 42 minutes after the hour, the advert plays with no commercials. Instead Radionomy plays the commercials at the top and bottom of each hour.

So my adverts play as scheduled in the playlist with no commercials and radionomy is playing commercials at the top and bottom of the hour as well, this is creating 4 breaks each hour. When I take the adverts out of the playlist, then I get nothing, no adverts or commercials. How do I get the commercials to play properly using the Radionomy playlist? If you don't know can you please contact someone who does know?

Hi Dan,

This is happening when you're doing a "Live" broadcast from your computer (using Winamp, SAM Broadcaster)?

On the automation, (using the Radio Manager Clocks and Day Templates) you will not be able to schedule the commercial breaks.

If this is happening on the "Live" broadcast, could you send me a copy of your trigger file? PM?

Thanks