Radionomy Board
It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:48 am 

Hi there,

I have been looking at this Radionomy model for sometime whether or not to give it a go properly.

The thing I seem to read about people don't like so much are the radio ads you have to put into the RMO. I understand its free and all that, Radionomy needs revenue to pay for royalties etc... and a good way we can all make some money for using their services as well.

I personally have played around with the radio manager and its not bad once you get your head around it. How to set up the songs, add the markers for the ads etc....

Now, the loophole I think I have found within this service (haven't tried but theoretically) you could load the radio manager to have these ads played at the set times. Start live streaming and you would avoid playing the ads because I don't think the set up would play ads over something that is overridden.

I know some stations on Radionomy that don't have any ads on at all and have been around for a while ( I do have some names, IM me if you want to know who) , they would have a good listening audience and even some are not "radio stations" per say either.

Can you get away with it?

I mean taking money away from the provider essentially while getting a free service is possible really?

Would like to hear your thoughts on this.

John.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:40 am 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/j-popprojectradio
I think you should read the Producer Pact - http://board.radionomy.com/tools/en/documents/2_ProducerPact.pdf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:36 am 

No, you can't get away with it. For as far as I know, Radionomy checks if the advert has been manually broadcasted. If the advert hasn't been broadcasted, your station may be dropped.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:45 am 

Radio 1: www.irguk.co.nr
O.S: Windows 10
Please correct me If I'm wrong but don't adverts only play if there are any available? I have a small station that doesn't get adverts but that's because of it's low listener hours. I know if you do a live show you have to send a file to trigger the adverts.
I'm actually confused now :?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:56 am 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/j-popprojectradio
boyercam wrote:
Please correct me If I'm wrong but don't adverts only play if there are any available?

Sort of :) .
In the UK I notice that you can go days without hearing one, then they reappear again, and even then may not always play - I do wonder if this is related to the IP address sets, or it could just be that radionomy only send them sometimes. They seem more consistent in the USA and France. I have been told that it may be because a campaign is not being run, but the way they appear intermittently suggests to me that there is more to it than that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:49 am 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/anisonhitsradio/index
O.S: Windows 8
Ads are played under a couple conditions for which I have observed.

First is the stream having reached at least the 130 hour/day mark.

Second, there are actual advertising spots available for the various times of a given day. Not all slots are sold so you may hear PSAs or otherwise during those "unsold" slots.

Third, ads are generally country or region specific. A listener from the USA may hear ads while a listener from Germany may hear PSAs or even a different ad.

Fourth, a station may not be playing ads because the audience level for a particular country or area is not enough to justify the ad even though the stream has listeners above the magical 130 hours/day mark.

I am sure there are other considerations that are present, but from listening to my streams using vpn from various countries, these four things seem to hold true.for my streams. I am sure Radionomy is not going to tell anyone in an open forum their advertising strategies so I think the best we can do is speculate.