Radionomy - Board
https://board.radionomy.com/

How do you program tracks to be played in sequence
https://board.radionomy.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=31761
Page 1 of 2

Author:  auntiemo [ Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:32 pm ]
Post subject:  How do you program tracks to be played in sequence

I have a Voice Tracks box which I have filled with a single story. However because it is a long story , I have had to cut it into 12 pieces to obey the 15 minutes maximum length constraint. What I want to know is .

1. Do voice tracks also need to comply with the maximum 3 tracks limit from same author within 3 hours?

2. If not, if I drag my box into the clock, how can I ensure that the tracks are played in sequence ... track 1 ...before track 2..before track 3.... otherwise the broadcast will be trash.

3. If the limits have to be comlied with , is the best way to do this by creating playlists from the many tracks , and programing them in; but it doesn't look so tidy a solution .

I will just love to program a 60 minutes long voice trackstory to run all in one episode , instead of having to chop off the last piece of the 4 segments, because of maximum track from one artist constraint.

I a new here, and my question might indeed be silly, but can someone kindly help out?
Thank you

Author:  Domi [ Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: How do you program tracks to be played in sequence

Hello,

Voice tracks are not subject to international broadcasting limits.
You can upload your files in a voice tracks box then drag and drop them into a playlist so that you define a fix order.
Reas more here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10841&start=30#p50984

Author:  auntiemo [ Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: How do you program tracks to be played in sequence

Domi wrote:
Hello,

Voice tracks are not subject to international broadcasting limits.
You can upload your files in a voice tracks box then drag and drop them into a playlist so that you define a fix order.
Reas more here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10841&start=30#p50984


Thank you for your reply. Reading further got me more confused though and that was reason of my enquiry.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10841&start=40#p50994

Thia section says :"
Voice Tracks, like Music, also have an artist name and title which will be subjected to repetition and broadcasting constraints."

Kindly confirm otherwise.

Author:  Domi [ Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: How do you program tracks to be played in sequence

Yes, you can set the constraints you want on the artist and title as explained here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10841&start=10#p50971 but there is no minimum repeat constraints on the voice tracks (that may not be music of course) thus the planning generator will not check the following hard coded conditions for VT, jingles and promos:
- no more than 3 musical pieces from the same album may be transmitted to the same listener within a 3 hours period (and no more than 2 of those musical pieces may be transmitted consecutively within a 3 hours period)
- no more than 4 musical pieces by the same featured artist may be transmitted to the same listener within a 3 hours period (and no more than 3 of by the same featured artist may be transmitted consecutively within a 3 hours period)

Author:  auntiemo [ Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How do you program tracks to be played in sequence

Domi wrote:
Yes, you can set the constraints you want on the artist and title as explained here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10841&start=10#p50971 but there is no minimum repeat constraints on the voice tracks (that may not be music of course) thus the planning generator will not check the following hard coded conditions for VT, jingles and promos:
- no more than 3 musical pieces from the same album may be transmitted to the same listener within a 3 hours period (and no more than 2 of those musical pieces may be transmitted consecutively within a 3 hours period)
- no more than 4 musical pieces by the same featured artist may be transmitted to the same listener within a 3 hours period (and no more than 3 of by the same featured artist may be transmitted consecutively within a 3 hours period)


Thank you very much for the explanation. I suppose jingles and fillers placed in a playlist also do not follow the constraint. I mean, I can place as many instances of the same filler or jingle as I like within a playlist , right ?

Author:  Domi [ Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: How do you program tracks to be played in sequence

Jingles, Promos and Voice Tracks are not submitted to the hard coded broadcasting constraints but fillers are as they can be music.
If you don't use music for your fillers, give a different artgist name to all your fillers.
Also make sure you have enough files in your filler box to avoid the generaor to replace them by a Radionomy lounge filler (I would say that 4 fillers is the minimum).

Author:  auntiemo [ Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How do you program tracks to be played in sequence

Domi wrote:
Jingles, Promos and Voice Tracks are not submitted to the hard coded broadcasting constraints but fillers are as they can be music.
If you don't use music for your fillers, give a different artgist name to all your fillers.
Also make sure you have enough files in your filler box to avoid the generaor to replace them by a Radionomy lounge filler (I would say that 4 fillers is the minimum).


Many thanks. I have now done initial planning. To my distress the contents of the playlists do not play as I have arranged them in the list, but have just become scattered all over the day template. I must be doing something wrong, but I am not sure where it is. How do I get the content of a playlist to play in sequence ?

Author:  Domi [ Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: How do you program tracks to be played in sequence

If you click on one "GENERATED" on the planning page, you'll see that there are many errors that make several playlists start before the time scheduled in the day template.

It's due to repeat constraints errors in the previous cclocks that occur because there are not enough tracks in your boxes used by the clocks.
You should add more tracks in these box and reduce the reepeat constraints (see http://board.radionomy.com/viewtopic.ph ... =10#p50970 )

Also I would avoid to schedule two playlist in the day template one after the other, the system could skip a track of a playlist due to the ads, it is more secure to insert a clock of minimum 20 minutes between two playlists and to edit the playlist box and make sure that the box "is truncable" is unchecked.

Author:  rags516 [ Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How do you program tracks to be played in sequence

Domi what's the deal with the streams? Any info would be great thanks

Author:  auntiemo [ Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: How do you program tracks to be played in sequence

Domi wrote:
If you click on one "GENERATED" on the planning page, you'll see that there are many errors that make several playlists start before the time scheduled in the day template.

It's due to repeat constraints errors in the previous cclocks that occur because there are not enough tracks in your boxes used by the clocks.
You should add more tracks in these box and reduce the reepeat constraints (see http://board.radionomy.com/viewtopic.ph ... =10#p50970 )

Also I would avoid to schedule two playlist in the day template one after the other, the system could skip a track of a playlist due to the ads, it is more secure to insert a clock of minimum 20 minutes between two playlists and to edit the playlist box and make sure that the box "is truncable" is unchecked.


Phew! I have tried all you suggested and more , and still can't get the items in my playlist to stay in line while actually playing. They play within the time frame of the playlist but the system plays Track 1, jumps to track 6 returns perhaps to track 4 and so on. Is there a way to manually tack the tracks together to obey the rules? Or do I perhaps need to use the "mix" thing ? Not sure how that functions though.

Again I am having same jingles playing several times back to back as can be seen in generated planning. Any other ideas what I am doing wrong please.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/