PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:44 am 

Radio 1: www.gospeljazzradio.com

http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/gospeljazzradio/index

www.jazzloversradio.com
Radio 2: www.classicaljazzradio.com

http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/class ... adio/index

www.jazzvespersradio.com
O.S: Windows 10
Our four streams have been using Radionomy since late in 2014. We've seen fairly steady audience growth and recently, in fact since January, we've doubled our audience... unfortunately due to the demise of Live365 and others because of increased music licensing fees in the US.

But what does our future growth need to be in order to reach a level where we actually see revenue?

Based on the last two-year trend, our growth is nowhere near what it needs to be before we can qualify to receive a share of the advertising revenue from Radionomy. Our USA audience is doing really well and seeing steady growth. But in France, to reach the minimum, seems impossible.

According to the Producer's Pact, the listening hours required monthly (25,000 hours in the USA and 12,500 in France) seem extremely disproportionate and virtually impossible to achieve ... For example, the USA is the 3rd largest country and France is ranked 22nd. And yet, we need to qualify in France at 1/2 of the USA's minimum. Once could speculate that unless you are a French speaking radio station (since that is the predominate language)... how in the world would any US based, English speaking radio stream ever qualify for income??? (except a rare few) - and who are those?)

Or, think of it another way. With a much smaller Internet population base available in France compared to the US... and yet with tens of thousands of streaming options available to both countries... gaining a share of French Internet users by a US based station equaling 12,500 hours per month in France would be a major .. if not impossible accomplishment.

Even though France has a high Internet penetration (89%) and the US at 84%, the actual number of Internet users in France is less than 1/6th of the US. (Wiki) This means that the competition for streaming listeners is much, much harder in France... since the universe of available listeners shrinks considerably.

I would strongly encourage Radionomy to reconsider the actual monthly Listening hours required in France for producers to earn income. We understand that performance is necessary to qualify, but when the bar is set so high that it is, in reality, not achievable by virtue of the available listeners in France, it becomes an unfair requirement for producer-partners outside of France.

I would like to get some feedback from other producers and Radionomy on this issue. If you are a producer, especially in the US, and getting revenue now from Radionomy, I'd love to hear about how your listening hours numbers are doing... and how long it took to qualify in France. Some good news would be encouraging.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:31 pm 

Radio 1: https://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/arot ... entalradio
O.S: MacOS 10.7
I strongly agree on this. Many producers have mentioned it in the past, and I also thought about it myself.
It also seems unfair not to count every country, rather than just these two, since commercials play worldwide or at least in most countries.

I don't see it changing though to be honest.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:13 pm 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/anisonhitsradio/index
O.S: Windows 8
Actually adverts are played based upon geo-location. There are only specific countries that Radionomy adverts play. USA and France are their largest markets (they are also the first two markets). Yes I do believe Radionomy needs to get far more countries involved in their Targetspot service. They need to expand big time. In doing this they can open up new countries and hopefully create more opportunities for revenue sharing.

That being said, I do not believe Radionomy really wants to have a revenue sharing program as it is a logistical nightmare in their current setup and staffing. They need to get a true support staff, a real sales program for the markets that they have a big presence in listeners, and many, many more things to offer a truly reliable and obtainable revenue sharing program with its Producers.

Maybe one day, but like most things with Radionomy, not any time soon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:20 pm 

Radio 1: www.gospeljazzradio.com

http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/gospeljazzradio/index

www.jazzloversradio.com
Radio 2: www.classicaljazzradio.com

http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/class ... adio/index

www.jazzvespersradio.com
O.S: Windows 10
It is not a statistical nightmare to share revenue. I've already shared revenue with Radionomy when we were streaming from our own servers and paying our own license fees over a year ago... then we switched to Radionomy's cloud, accepting the trade off of zero costs, and the potential for revenue.

It's a very simple computerized measurement to get paid. You reach 25,000 hours per month in the USA, you get paid through PayPal automatically at $2 per thousand = $50 (if I did the math right).... but at the same time y ou need to reach 12,500 hours per month in France... very challenging.

We are close to our USA goal and could achieve it this year... but in France, we're light years away.