|Radionomy - Board
|[TUTORIAL] Broadcasting live with Winamp + Shoutcast plugin
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||lnthiebaut [ Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:40 am ]|
|Post subject:||[TUTORIAL] Broadcasting live with Winamp + Shoutcast plugin|
:: This is a tutorial designed to help you configure Winamp and Shoutcast plug-in for live broadcast on your web radio. ::
• Keep on your side your access codes available on http://rmo.radionomy.com, tab "Live".
winamp-live7.jpg [ 17.42 KiB | Viewed 41017 times ]
winamp-live8.jpg [ 23.74 KiB | Viewed 41017 times ]
Check you are connected to the internet with an Ethernet cable.
DO NOT USE a WiFi Connection or a public HotSpot Wifi Connection.
Step1 – Installation
• Download and install Winamp : http://www.winamp.com
• Download and install the Radio DSP Shoutcast Plug-In : http://download.nullsoft.com/shoutcast/ ... indows.exe
You are now ready to go with all necessary tools.
Step 2 – Presets
You are going to broadcast live. It is therefore strongly advised to make some adjustments on Winamp to be able to program in good conditions. Here is a non exhaustive checklist.
- Make sure you have artist name and title filled in the metadata of your songs. You can check this by right-clicking on "File Info".
If necessary you can also use "Update Title" : http://utils.magic-radio.net/UpdateTitle2-8-5.zip
- If you want to know how much time is left before the end of a song, simply click on the clock of the player.
winamp-live1.jpg [ 70.62 KiB | Viewed 41017 times ]
- Remember to turn off shuffle and loop options to avoid unpleasant surprises.
- To apply a treatment's customized to your files and apply a fade between the different elements in play (mixing), display the equalizer by typing "alt G" on your keyboard. Once done, you can adjust the equalization and duration of fades to your taste.
winamp-live2.jpg [ 69.69 KiB | Viewed 41017 times ]
Many presets are available in the "Presets" according to the kind of music that you post for example, but you can save your own settings and save them.
- If you want to speak in a microphone during the show, remember to check your settings microphone depending on your configuration (sound card, table ...) For balance, we will see a little further how to configure plug-in Shoutcast.
Step 3 – Configuration
You will now need to configure Winamp and the Shoutcast plug-in in order to broadcast live on your radio.
To do this, go to the menu "Options" of Winamp, then click "Preferences".
• First, you must configure the metadata so we can report correctly the statements of copyright and the players display during the broadcast.
Go to "Titles" and verify that the settings match those shown in the image below.
winamp-live3.jpg [ 246.44 KiB | Viewed 41017 times ]
• That done, you must now enter the information needed to send your live stream on your radio. Go to the menu "Options" then "Preferences".
In the opened window, go to "Effects / DSP" and click once on ShoutCast DSP as in the picture below.
winamp-live4.jpg [ 191.3 KiB | Viewed 41017 times ]
• In the window that opens, you have more information to give.
First tab "Output"
As in the picture below, you must enter all the information provided by Radionomy connections: server address or IP (IP is more sure), port and password of your user account (available in http://producers.radionomy.com, live tab).
winamp-live5.jpg [ 147.72 KiB | Viewed 41017 times ]
• Then in the tab "Encoder", select compression "MP3 128 kbps".
• Finally, in the tab "Input", set your sound preferences.
winamp-live6.jpg [ 107.99 KiB | Viewed 41017 times ]
If you want to broadcast a playlist without speaking, select "Winamp" in the Input Device.
If you want to animate, select "Soundcard Input" (remember to configure your sound card on Stereo Mix to broadcast both sound with Winamp (music) and with your voice (microphone).
Adjust the levels to taste. You simply have to click the "Push To Talk" button for Winamp automatically lowers the volume of music to make room for your voice.
Step 4 – Connection and broadcasting
Now you're ready to go !
In "Output", click "Connect".
You are on air.
Tip: Save your configuration
Go to your hard drive "c"
Go to "Program Files" and "winamp", find the file "plugins"
And now, you have to change (with notepad) the file "dsp_sc.ini" (1)
There, you will see you can change everything, as in winamp.
It is less pretty, but it's permanently !
Locate [output 1] for basic settings !
(Date Version: June 2013)
|Author:||Bob [ Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:06 am ]|
|Post subject:||Re: [TUTORIAL] Broadcasting live with Winamp + Shoutcast plu|
Winamp Encoder.png [ 55.8 KiB | Viewed 10657 times ]
Winamp Output.png [ 70.17 KiB | Viewed 10657 times ]
Winamp Summary.png [ 76.99 KiB | Viewed 10657 times ]
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group