Radionomy Board
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:21 am 

Radio 1: https://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/shuffleradiouk
O.S: Windows 10
Anyone know of any directories, or sources of Podcasts/Syndicated Shows - suitable for broadcast on Radionomy - that could be used on a UK based station.

All the Official Radionomy feeds are centric to either the US or France.

Would just like to add a bit of variety to my station so was thinking of something like Film Reviews, Showbiz/Entertainment, Gossip etc

If there isn't such a thing already, what are peoples views about setting such a venture up ? - I bet there would be a fair few Radionomy users that would sign up to broadcast such segments ?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:03 am 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/oursalonradio
My station is very heavily weighted with "talk radio" type podcasts, but most of it is original content created by the members of a blogging community I run.
However, I felt we needed some "filler" shows, especially when we first started and only had a few shows.
While most/all of our existing shows are US based, I will share with you how I found some additional filler shows and maybe you can do the same to locate shows that fit your needs.

I googled searched for shows using terms like "creative commons talk radio shows" and came up with some that had creative commons licensing which allowed their use without additional licensing. I also looked for shows that I found entertaining (like a movie reviews program) and contacted the creators and asked permission for usage. Many were happy to share and I had a form drawn up giving me permission in writing which they happily signed. It seemed most were happy at the prospects of widening their audience.

I managed to gain exclusive use of two shows who had tiny audiences elsewhere, by simply emailing them and asking for the right to rebroadcast the shows in their archives.

The only down side is that most have shows that vary in length and you will have to edit or chop them up in order to upload them within Radinomy's 15 min length limits. Some recordings had commercials which I also had to edit out to adhere to Radionomy rules, but overall it was worth it for the large amount of content I ended up with for a small amount of effort.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

Lorianne

www.radionomy.com/oursalonradio

Profile Send private message