Radionomy Board
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:23 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:58 am 

Hi Guys,

I want the use the website Radionomy created for me but I want it to be accessed via my domain.
For example radionomy created http://aurolacu2000.playtheradio.com and I want it to be accessed via http://aurolacu2000.ro
(the domain is fictional I just want to understand ho it works)

I have created a CNAME in DNS pointing to aurolacu2000.playtheradio.com but it directs me to www.radionomy.com instead of my page.

Is there a setting that I am missing?

Thanks,

Adrian

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:32 am 
Moderators

Radio 1: Peelland-FM
Radio 2: 80XL
O.S: Windows 10
Forget about playtheradio.
Not supported anymore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:04 pm 

Are there any answers to this... I had this very same issue... if it's not working anymore like the one guy said... then why do they have that in their backend to do this?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:09 am 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/j-popprojectradio
mikeg1 wrote:
Are there any answers to this... I had this very same issue... if it's not working anymore like the one guy said... then why do they have that in their backend to do this?

It is still there because it used to work properly but no longer does - most serious producers create their own websites. Radionomy once said that they plan on replacing the playtheradio site with a better one - but I don't think you will see that in the next week or two :).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:17 am 

We do have a "real website"... the only reason I looked at this is because iframing the one player doesn't appear to work for Safari all that well and not at all with iOS. Embed.ly doesn't really seem to work all that well with Radionomy. Have any ideas on embedding a nice looking player or even the player they provide in the our website that works with all the mainstream browsers... including all the major mobile platforms? Also, you would think if it no longer works properly that it would be taken down. With that being said... I did get it to work tonight (although I don't plan on using it) but I find the embedding challenges may make this not practical for our usage of Radionomy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:39 am 

If you want support for problems with the radionomy player on your wordpress website I suggest you give its name so that someone can test the issue you are having, as it does not seem to be a widely reported one. And while you are at it fill in your profile/signature as specified in http://board.radionomy.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=568.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:26 am 

I already reported it on another thread. With the link and the specific issue. I guess you know that already since you pointed out it's a Wordpress site as I didn't mention that fact in this thread. It may not be reported perhaps because people haven't checked it out. Unreported or under-reported doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I code in about 15 technologies and run a good size IT firm... I see it all the time. I am helping a friend out with this. If I had the time I'm sure I could write the code to make it do whatever I want... but I was just hoping it did what he wanted it to right out of the box which is to show a nice looking player of his radio station across all browsers and mobile platforms/OS's. By the way, I'm not bashing Radionomy... just trying to find a solution while helping someone out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:27 am 

mikeg1 wrote:
I already reported it on another thread. With the link and the specific issue. I guess you know that already since you pointed out it's a Wordpress site as I didn't mention that fact in this thread. It may not be reported perhaps because people haven't checked it out. Unreported or under-reported doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I code in about 15 technologies and run a good size IT firm... I see it all the time. I am helping a friend out with this. If I had the time I'm sure I could write the code to make it do whatever I want... but I was just hoping it did what he wanted it to right out of the box which is to show a nice looking player of his radio station across all browsers and mobile platforms/OS's. By the way, I'm not bashing Radionomy... just trying to find a solution while helping someone out.

As you are experienced you will know about IT error reporting and how it is important to have as many details as possible to aid in a speedy resolution. I had a look for your previous posts to see if there was anything in those that would assist, because I try to assist people who may not understand the information that is needed to resolve a problem. It may be that there is something 'different' about that website but without more information it is difficult for anyone to know.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:44 am 

There was nothing different with the website... or anything to cause this. I even tried it on a straight HTML page and it had the same iOS and safari issues. I also provided the html code as well. Not much else to provide... all the information that someone familiar with coding and Radionomy would need to provide a solution is there. I supplied the code, the error and the circumstances. It's pretty simple... when you put that iframe into a page... try to view it on Safari or an iPhone 6... the player doesn't work... and I provided the error that Safari is reporting. I also tried the link (and their own page) supplied by Radionomy Radio Manager and the same thing occurred. Not much else to provide. We most likely will be going a different route now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:14 pm 

Radio 1: https://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/333amproject/index
O.S: MacOS 10.7
I was wondering if there is a answer to this also. I have a wordpress site and use the Radionomy player in the sidebar widget, anyone on an iPhone or iPad can't see the player, thus no radio for them on my site. I've searched all over the forum but can't find the simple answer to fix this..

Help

Thanks much